Thursday, February 16, 2012

First Dandelion Wish


So here i am, again, back at this blogging site and attempting to say something that catches someone's eye! I have been thinking about delicate things lately, such as dandelions. They are so simple yet timelessly beautiful and a global symbol of whimsy and delight. I often feel like returning to my childhood and grabbing a handful of the puffy flowers, blowing them to bits ad making as many wishes that pop into my head....

Wishes are a funny phenomenon. A wish can be an average "want" or need, or a splendiferous and fantastic desire (such as living in a magical treehouse in Hogwarts's gardens!). I wish for many things, oft-times they are the latter but I do have achievable goals; finishing Honours, moving into my own little nook and having my dream wedding..... but, as do we all, I have a dream. A pure, white-hot desire to be a published author by the time I am at least 35. It is wishes such as this that make one push on with daily life; the wish we first wished when we discovered the dandelion innocently bobbing about in our garden at 6 years old.

This blog is going to be a mish-mash of odditites but one thing is for sure, I will always include writing, for I believe that writing (be it fiction or non) is one of the purest forms of self expression and art. A writer can paint a picture as vivid as any painter can, can create a song as beautiful as any opera-singer and can let us escape to places beyond the imagination of a movie director. So I urge everyone reading this to pick up a pen, sit at the keyboard or jot down something on your iPad and to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment